The gold standard in Finite Element Analysis for over 50 years, MSC Nastran is a powerful, tried-and-tested, industrial-grade structural analysis solver. It is the most widely used, extensive, trusted and accurate version of the Nastran solver available in the world.
Our inaugural MSC Nastran Excellence Award aims to recognize our many users around the world who apply FEA to design everything from planes, trains, automobiles, ships, spacecraft, to any other product you can imagine.
Have you done anything interesting recently with MSC Nastran?
A globally recognized award will be presented for the top submission.
First place will be awarded US $1,000 of Amazon vouchers in total, and each of the two runners up will be awarded US $500 of Amazon vouchers. If the winners are unable to accept an award, a donation of equal value to a charity of their choice can be made instead.
MSC Co-Simulation for coupled Fluid-Structure Interaction (MSC Nastran + Marc + Cradle scFLOW)
Winning submission criteria for the judges:
- The work must be original
- Submissions can include papers presented at conferences, articles appearing in journals and magazines, and other original work documented in some publicly available form, such as a research thesis. *
- Made publicly available during the 12 months before nomination. The cut-off time is January 31st each year
- A pragmatic approach is taken in applying MSC Nastran to the application.
- Work is quantifiable in terms of benefits (Return on Investment, Accuracy, Productivity Improvement, Quality Improvement, New Workflows/ Workflow Enhancements, Sustainability/ Benefits to the Environment, Manufacturing Cost Reduction, Time-to-Market Improvements...)
- Work pushes the boundaries of FEA/CAE simulation
- Multi-physics (co-simulation) focused applications are welcomed and encouraged
- Relevant - work demonstrates precise application to practical FEA/CAE application
- Entries must be submitted in full and include all supporting material (animations/videos/presentations) by the closing date set.
* Entrant must have authority/permission from their organization to apply.
Deadline for Submission:
May 31st, 2020
July 15th, 2020
Frequently Asked Questions:
How will I be notified?
You will receive an email to the address you provide on the submission form.
Who will review my submissions?
There will be a panel of judges who will review and rank all entries. The judging committee comprises of industry thought leaders and MSC Nastran technical experts.
May I submit more than one entry?
Of course! You may submit as many entries as you like.
Why should I (and my company/university) participate?
Winning this award will provide excellent exposure for you and your company/university and the advanced design tools and methods used there. It also provides exposure for you within the company and the global CAE design and analyst community.
May I submit on behalf of our entire engineering organization?
You may enter as individuals or as a whole team. If you want to submit on behalf of the team indicate the "XYZ design team under Additional Author." A single award will be presented to the whole team.
What format should entries be in?
Submissions can be in the form of published papers or PowerPoint presentations subject to qualification criteria. Please feel free to submit animations and videos that support your application as appropriate.
How and where will winners be announced?
MSC Software will put out a press release, an announcement on our website with supporting material, an article in our 'Engineering Reality' magazine as well as promoting the winners on relevant media channels. Winners can opt to receive the award and trophy at a suitable local MSC Software Users Conference or Hexagon event/office.
Any other questions please email email@example.com