Wind energy is clean, sustainable and cost effective. Over the past 10 years, cumulative wind power capacity in the United States increased an average of 30% per year, and it is one of the lowest-priced renewable energy technologies available today.
CAE technologies has been leading the way in developing the new-generation wind turbine. With the help of Hexagon engineering simulation, engineers have been innovating to increase the efficiency and durability of the wind turbine, while reducing its environmental impact such as acoustic noise.
Here're some of the industry applications of Hexagon’s engineering technologies:
- Complete design and simulation from concept to manufacture of wind turbine drivetrains from 250kW to >11MW
- Develop a model based ‘right first time’ wind turbine development process from concept to certification
- Achieved over 37 DNVGL certifications of our own wind turbine design
- Maximize energy capture by turbine blades and minimize energy loss in conversion process
- Utilize system design approach to accommodate extreme loading and deflection
- Maximize component life through CAE optimization
- Improve acoustic performance of wind turbine through Multiphysics CAE analysis including aero-acoustic and vibro-acoustic simulation