MSC Software's Easy5 2013 Simplifies and Accelerates 1D Multi-Domain Simulations
SANTA ANA, CA--(Business Wire - August 28, 2013) - MSC Software Corporation, the leader in multidiscipline simulation solutions that accelerate product innovation, today announced the release of Easy5 2013, a powerful 1D Multi-Domain modeling and simulation engineering software used by engineers to simulate control systems, hydraulics (including thermal effects), pneumatics, gaseous flow, and other system level domain simulations.
Key highlights of the Easy5 2013 release include the ability to run multiple simulations simultaneously, obtain real-time feedback during the analysis with more control during simulation setup, and a better graphical user interface for encapsulating models as Schematic Components for reuse.
"Similar 1D-software products have some good features, and a few of my engineers use them, but if the problems are really tough we use Easy5," said Roberto Paoluzzi, Institute for Agricultural and Earthmoving Machinery- IMAMOTER.
Easy5 2013 enhancements that increase productivity for users include:
- Run Multiple Jobs Simultaneously: Easy5 2013 introduces a newly integrated Python multiprocessing. When performing a DOE study for example, engineers can obtain data/results much faster, especially when using multi-core machines. Python provides added value to users because of its built-in features that make it easy to connect into the Easy5 environment helping users speed up the process and save time by not having to write scripts from scratch.
- Real-time, intelligent feedback: Easy5 2013 gives engineers instant feedback during their simulations, rather than having to wait until the end of the simulation process to find issues. The new Integration Monitor provides a widget/window that displays the performance of the solver during the analysis letting you know if the analysis is converging. This gives users more confidence in their simulations by providing the ability to watch the process as it is running. For example if you want to know what part of the model is slowing an analysis, you can identify the issue as it is occurring, giving you complete process transparency. This saves time and dynamically allows users to optimize their simulations.
- Improved Graphical User Interface: Easy5 2013 gives users a new object oriented Schematic Component for a better graphical user interface experience. The Schematic Component allows engineers to realize the full potential of graphical programming ‘visually' as opposed to previous methods of having to write program language. Engineers can use the physics knowledge built into Easy5 application libraries to create their own components within the graphical user interface - all without having to program a line of code. Schematic Components allow users to encapsulate existing models for reuse, taking advantage of the development, debugging and tuning that may have already been performed. Once a model has been encapsulated as a Schematic Component, it can readily be reused and extended within new Easy5 models. For example, a complex valve model assembled with multiple Easy5 components can be packaged as a single component for reuse, with its own schematic symbol, documentation, and connectivity.
For more information, please register for the Easy5 2013 "What's New Webinar" on Thursday, September 12, 2013. There are two events being offered at different times.
- 7:00 AM PT: https://mscevents.webex.com/mscevents/onstage/g.php?t=a&d=667117032
- 10:30 AM PT: https://mscevents.webex.com/mscevents/onstage/g.php?t=a&d=663896646
About MSC Software
MSC Software is one of the ten original software companies and the worldwide leader in multidiscipline simulation. As a trusted partner, MSC Software helps companies improve quality, save time, and reduce costs associated with design and test of manufactured products. Academic institutions, researchers, and students employ MSC's technology to expand individual knowledge as well as expand the horizon of simulation. MSC Software employs 1,100 professionals in 20 countries. For additional information about MSC Software's products and services, please visit: www.mscsoftware.com
The MSC Software corporate logo, Simulating Reality, MSC Nastran, Adams, Actran, Digimat, Dytran, Easy5, Marc, Patran, MSC, MasterKey, MasterKey Plus, Mvision, SimDesigner, SimManager, and SimXpert are trademarks or registered trademarks of MSC Software Corporation and/or its subsidiaries in the United States and/or other countries. NASTRAN is a registered trademark of NASA. All other trademarks belong to their respective owners.
Dr. Masha Petrova
MSC Director of Global Marketing