MSC Apex Side Projects
MSC Apex Side Projects – Program Overview and Terms
Engineers can apply for a no-charge, one-year license of MSC Apex® software in order to explore the power of MSC Apex for MSC-approved, non-commercial personal side projects.
To apply, engineers must properly complete and submit the online application for the Program. Note that as part of your application you must, among other things:
- provide a corporate email address (Gmail, Hotmail, etc., addresses will not be accepted, unless an exception is granted by MSC); and
- You must submit a 150-200 word description of the proposed side project(s) and why MSC Apex might be a good tool for the project(s).
The number of projects/applications approved by MSC will be limited and is solely at MSC's discretion. MSC reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to accept or reject each application. MSC will notify accepted applicants within 14 days. Applicants not accepted may or may not receive a response from MSC.
Application and participation in the MSC Apex Side Projects Program is subject to the Program Terms. Please review the Program Terms carefully. By submitting your online application or otherwise participating in the Apex Side Projects Program, you acknowledge that you have read and understand, and you agree to be bound by, the Program Terms.
The MSC Apex software made available under this Program to the accepted applicants will be governed by the terms and conditions of the online MSC Apex Single User License Agreement ("License Agreement"). The License Agreement contains the full terms and conditions relating to installation and use of the Software. But below are some key points:
- The Software may only be used for your non-commercial personal side-projects approved by MSC.
- Use of the Software for the benefit of your employer or other third parties, or for other commercial use, such as commercial consulting or other fee-generating activities is strictly prohibited.
- The Software may only be installed on your own personal computer (and not on third party computers, such as your employer's computer).
- If you are granted a license under this Program, from time to time, MSC may request feedback from you regarding your experience with the Software. MSC may freely use and disseminate any feedback provided by you.
For any questions regarding applying for an MSC Apex Side Projects license under this Program, please contact ApexSideProjects@mscsoftware.com.
Please note students are not eligible to apply for this Program. Engineering students are welcome to apply for the MSC Apex Student Edition.
- Ensure you have a machine with Windows 7 64-bit (Professional) or Windows 10 64-bit (Professional). For an optimal experience, it is recommended you have one of the following types of graphics devices on your machine: nVidia Quadro or AMD FirePro. Full hardware and software requirements are available at this link.
- Obtain the Physical Address of your Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection. To find your Physical Address using the Windows Command Prompt, follow these steps:
- Open the Command Prompt window by clicking the Start button , click All Programs, click Accessories, and then click Command Prompt.
- Type ipconfig /all and press the Enter key.
- Search for section Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection.
- The Physical Address listed in this section is the one to use when filling out the registration form.