CFD001 - Introduction to CFD using SCFLOW
The main objective of this course is to make conversant to the partaker about the scFLOW interface and effectively perform the CFD simulation involved in their product design process. The attendees will acquire a knowledge about:
- Basic concepts and approach to CFD.
- Basic workflow of scFLOW.
- Grid convergence and other related studies.
- Ability to analyze the achieved solutions and necessary actions to it.
- Finding information and/or acquiring necessary help.
- Introduction to basic governing equations.
- Computational methodology of scFLOW.
- Importing and cleaning CAD data with hands on exercise.
- Physical models and other useful functions.
- scFLOW hands on exercises.
- Turbulence analysis.
Example – 1: Backstep flow
The reattachment length in the backstep flow differs depending on the turbulence models. In this exercise different turbulence models are compared.
- Compressible flow analysis.
Example – 2: Flow around a wedge shaped object.
Here the drag force on the surface area is evaluated using CASE1: Pressure based solver, and CASE2: Density based solver.
- Multiphase flow
Example – 4: Phase change in horizontal tube.
A Phase change phenomenon in a horizontal tube is analyzed by using the VOF method.
Example – 5: Conversion from particle to humidity
In this exercise, particles simulating water droplets collide with wall and become the amount of the accumulation humidity, and then air is humidified by vapor. In this evaporation of water droplets in the air is also considered.