NAS133 - Linear Contact Analysis with MSC Nastran
- Become knowledgeable with fundamentals of contact Analysis
- Get brief Insight into Touch & Glue contacts
- Addressing convergence issues, debugging and general guidelines
- Performance improvement in contact analysis
The first session deals with the introduction to Contact nonlinearity. Contact setup in Nastran linear solutions such as sol101. Sol103 etc. is discussed.
- What is contact analysis?
- Contact body definition
- Contact detection
- Contact pairs & contact table
- Advanced topics on contact
- Contact output
The second day session discusses the convergence issues encountered in contact analysis. Performance improvement guidelines are also discussed, and some of the latest updates in contact analysis will be demonstrated.
- Convergence failure
- NLSTEP setup
- Common issues and debugging techniques
- Automatic contact setup in Nastran