Welding structure simulation
Software solution for welding processes without expert knowledge
Simufact Welding is used to model and optimise a variety of thermal joining processes, taking into account the welding sequence and fixture.
One of the biggest challenges in welding is the thermal deformations or residual stresses of the entire assembly that occur after a non-optimised welding and unclamping process. As a result, subsequent welding processes cannot be easily performed because the geometry of the sub-assembly is out of tolerance. With Simufact Welding, the welding process and parameters can be optimised to achieve the desired product quality.
Exactly the right welding process you need
Processes such as arc welding, laser beam welding, electron beam welding, brazing, resistance spot welding as well as the additive manufacturing process laser deposition welding (LMD or DED) can be modeled in Simufact Welding. In addition, Simufact Welding can be used to model the heat treatment, different variants of cooling and stress relieving as well as the mechanical load of the welded structures.
Click here to learn more about each process type.
Your benefits with Simufact Welding
- Design and optimise your welding process:
- Determine the optimal weld sequence and parameters, as well as clamping and unclamping concepts, to minimise thermal distortions and residual stresses and ensure a robust welding process.
- Identify and eliminate potential welding defects, such as hot cracks.
- Investigate material behavior during welding, such as phase transformation
- Simplicity – No expert knowledge required as the software solution is designed to be user-friendly, intuitive and process-oriented.
- Sustainability – Save material, time and money by replacing expensive and time-consuming physical tests with virtual tests.
Learn more about the features and application areas on the Simufact website.