1) Right Click on the Spring, choose Spring: SPRING_1, and click on choose Delete.
2) Click on the Forces Tab and go to Applied Force: Force (Single-Component).
3) Change the Run-time Direction to Two Bodies, for the Characteristic choose K and C and input K=5.0, C=0.05 .
4) Then click on PART_2 for the action body.
5) Then click on ground for the reaction body.
6) Then click on PART_2.cm for the action point.
7) Then click on the y-axis on the grid for the action point.
1) Right-click on the Force: SFORCE_1 and select Measure.
2) Change the Measure Name to spring_force.
3) Change the Characteristic to Force.
4) Change the Component to mag then click OK.
5) Go to the Simulation Tab and click on Run a Scripted Simulation (Calculator Icon).
6) Click on Interactive.
7) Change the End Time to 2.
8) Change the Steps to 50.
9) Then click on Start or continue simulation.
- The block’s mass is 187.224 kg.
- Therefore, to balance the force of gravity, the spring damper must generate:
- The results produced by Adams View is the same as the hand calcuated answer.
- 187.224 kg * 9806.65 mm/s2 = 1836.04 N