Holistic design of an ePowertrain system
Powertrain engineering experts explain how they can determine the optimum ePowertrain system architecture from the outset, understand the system-level impacts of design decisions and mitigate the risks of system integration using an analysis-led Systems Engineering approach backed by CAE toolsets.
Hexagon’s powertrain engineering experts have been active in the design and development of Electric Vehicle ePowertrains for over a decade, working with Automotive OEMs, Tier 1s and Start-ups as electrification has developed in the sector from hybrid to pure electric solutions.
In this webinar, these experts will explain how taking an analysis-led Systems Engineering approach to the design of Electric Vehicle ePowertrains allows the optimum overall solution to be identified and developed from the outset, and helps engineering teams understand the implications of design decisions on the whole product through the development process to mitigate the risks of system integration issues in the later stages.
Organisations that have adapted this approach are shown to achieve significant innovation and business impacts, such as:
- Achieving up to 10% greater efficiency with a holistically designed system than a siloed design
- Reducing the number of physical prototypes by 50%
- Saving up to one year from concept to Start Of Production (SOP)
- This process will be explored through an indicative real-life project that Hexagon has delivered, illustrating why decisions were made and their outcomes.
- Ignazio Dentici - VP Global eMobility Practice Lead
- Connor Lynch - Technical Business Development Manager - Applied Solutions Group