1) To find the relative wheel displacement in the Yg direction, click on the Design Exploration tab, then choose Measure, pick Point-to-Point and click on New....
2) Click on Advanced.
3) Now change the Measure Name to .suspension.Wheel_Height.
4) Change the "To Point" to Center. This can be typed in or double click on it to choose it from the Database Navigator. As for the "From Point" double click, choose WH_ref from the Database Navigator and click OK.
5) Then choose Y for the Component.
8) Click on the Interactive Simulation Controls.
9) Change the End Time to 1.0 and the Steps to 50 .
10) Click on Start Simulation. As you can see a plot of Time vs Displacement in the Yg direction has been created.
1) Using an Adams/Solver function measure, create a toe angle measure using the markers Spindle_Wheel.Center and Spindle_Wheel.TA_ref. First click on Build, choose Measure, click on Design Exploration and then click on Create a New Function Measure.
2) Input ATAN(DZ(Center,TA_ref)/DX(Center,TA_ref)) for Create or Modify a Funtion Measure, choose ATAN under the Math Functions.
3) Change the Measure Name to .suspension.Toe_Angle and change the Units to angle.
4) Click on Verify then click OK when the Fucntion syntax is correct.
5) Click OK.
6) Click on the Start Simulation.
7) Click on Close to close the plots.
1) Click on Results and go to Opens Adam/PostProcessor.
2) For Construction choose 2 Bod-1 Loc and choose Pick Feature. For the First Body and Second Body choose Pick Body.
3) For the Dependent Axis under Measure choose Toe_Angle and then click on Data for the Independent Axis.
4) Choose Last_Run for Simulation and choose Wheel_Height for Measure.
5) Click OK then click on Add Curves.
6) Close the plotting window.
1) Now, you’ll import more realistic, CAD-based spindle/wheel geometry. First click on File and choose Import.
2) Choose Render(*.slp) for File Type.
3) Choose the appropriate location by clicking on File to Read. Choose the file wheel.slp then click Open.
4) Change the Part Name to Spindle_Wheel you can screen pick this by right-clicking and choose Part and click on Guess. Then click Apply.
5) Change File to Read by right-clicking and choose Browse....
6) Choose knuckle.slp then click Open.
1) Turn off the appearance of Adams/View spindle geometry so that only the CAD geometry is visible. First click on Appearance... under the Edit menu.
2) Hold on the Shift key and choose CYLINDER_1, CYLINDER_1_2, SPHERE_1, FRUSTUM_1, FRUSTUM_2, FRUSTUM_3, FRUSTUM_4, REV and click OK.
3) Click on Off for Visibility, then click OK.
4) To rotate the model, click on R on the keyboard or right-click on the screen and choose Rotate.