1) This is a continuation of the Steel Plate Contact Database. Click on Deform Attributes. The current scale is set as Model Scale with exegerated Scale Factor of 0.1.
2) To view the display with Real Scale, click on True Scale then click Apply.
3)As shown the True Scale, the displacement of the deformable body does not change visually. This is why Model Scale is set as default in Patran to aid in visualization.
4) You can always change how exaggerated the results are visually represented by adjusting the Scale Factor accordingly (the higher the value, the more exaggerated the results will appear).
5) Note that when model scale is used, the deformed shape may show contact body penetration. This is due to the fact that the displacements are exaggerated. In order to see exact deformed shape, True scale should be used. If contact body penetration is shown with true scale plotting, then analysis is most probably not done correctly.
1) Click on Display on the menu bar, and choose Plot/Erase. This options allows the user to display and undisplay the geometry and FEM entities using "Plot/Erase".
2) Now lets undisplay the geometry of the deformable body. Click on Erase for the Geometry Posted Entities. Now only the FEM results are displayed.
3) To delete the FEM click on Erase for the FEM. Now lets click Plot for All. Then click OK.
1) Right click on the screen and choose Viewport Display then choose Cycle Background.
2) There is another way of chaning the background, this can be done by clicking on Preferences and choose Graphics.... This step is optional, depending on user's preference.
3) The background color can be changed by clicking on the Viewport Color .
4)The background effects can also be change by clicking on Background effects. Now click on Cancel and Cancel, since we do not want anything changed here.
1) Click on the Results tab, set the Object as Graph.
2) Set the Select Y Result to Displacements, Translational, set the Quantity to Magnitude and X:Path Length.
3) Select Target Entities.
4) Pick the Selected Path Points on the deformable body. At least pick 2 points, with more points picked the accuracy increases. Then click Apply.
Since the Quantity is set in Magnitude all the values for Displacement, Translational is positive. If the Quantity is set in the Y componenet the values will show the negative displacement in the Y direction. The Path Length is the values for the x-axis of the chart.